Friday, February 06, 2009

Eigenvectōr (Continued)

If you tuned in to Eigenvectōr, here is what you heard. The playlist is in reverse order; in other words, the first song listed was the last one played.

Friday 6 February 2009

Album - Artist - Song

Juno - OST - Kimya Dawson - Tire Swing
Exit - Shugo Tokumaru - Green Rain
The Woods - Sleater-Kinney - Modern Girl
Alright, Still - Lily Allen - Shame For You
Big Fish - Pearl Jam - Man Of The Hour
OK Computer - Radiohead - Exit Music For A Film
Girls And Boys - Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am
The Stooges - The Stooges - 1969
Barracuda - Kinky - Hasta Quemarnos
Gospel Claws - Gospel Claws - God Keeps Me Alive
White Light/White Heat - The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
Running With Scissors - Weird Al Yankovic - Albuquerque
The Spine - They Might Be Giants - Experimental Film
Kala - M.I.A. - The Turn
The Mouse And The Mask - Danger Doom - Old School
Death Won't Ever Kill You - Bob Marley - Concrete Jungle
The Good Feeling Music Of Dent May And His Magnificent Ukelele - Howard
The White Album - The Beatles - Happy Birthday*
Seven Layers Of Self-Defense - Latvian Radio - Suzy Singable
Cheap Thrills - Big Brother & The Holding Company - I Need A Man To Love
Coyote - El Goodo
Free The Bees - A Band Of Bees - Horsemen


What can I say? I mean, this is my daughter so I'm going to be naturally biased, but isn't that sort of fabulous? I think so. They are on every Friday afternoon, from 4 to 6 p.m. CST.

* In honor of my daughter's eighteenth birthday, which was yesterday, and Bob Marley's birthday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is the most awesomely fabulous, Jen, I agree. :) And so is your daughter -- I already like her. I will listen to the songs, I promise, as soon as my docs figure out what's causing my horrendous headache. (I had a couple of CT scans already and now I'm due for a spinal tap -- oh joy! Please keep your fingers crossed. Please? :)

P.S. Where does Eigenvector come from?

Jen said...

Dear Elizabeth, I am sad to hear you are suffering! I do hope you are able to find out what's causing the headache and that you are feeling much better soon.

It's so hard get anything done when you're not feeling right. I am just getting over a terrible cold with a sore throat that was keeping me in a state of constant misery. Glad to finally be emerging from that, and just in time now for "the big test" I've been preparing for, which is next Wednesday. (Did I hear someone say anxiety?)

Ah, you ask an interesting question. They chose the name simply because they are both math nerds and they like it; it's a cool word, especially with the umlaut.

Anonymous said...

Jen, sorry to hear about your cold, that surely can make you miserable. And of course the timing is "perfect." no? ;) But I'd say skip the test anxiety -- you'll pass it with flying colors, I'm sure.

Nerds, huh? I like nerds (I'm one myself, surrounded by others.) Eigenvector is a neat word, indeed -- I looked it up, BTW, to find out what it means. :)

Last but not least, thanks, Jen, for your sympathy. No news on the worst headache of my life yet, despite the many tests I've had in a week. I am so ready for some relief, it's no way to be. Ugh.

Jen said...

Elizabeth, I started to try and explain to you the meaning of the word but it all just got too confusing. The picture on the Wikipedia page helps, though, doesn't it? I thought that was pretty nifty. :)

Jen said...

P.S. Not to be repetitive again, but thank you very much! I am thinking of you and willing that headache to go away. Go!

Anonymous said...

Jen, thanks. I too wish I could will my headache away, but it sounds impossible now -- they have discovered a "significant lesion" of a so far unknown origin on the right side of my brain in the last MRI. So much for willing things to happen.

If you don't hear from me before next Wednesday, break your leg -- metaphorically speaking of course! :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. My doc just called: it's a brain tumor. Great, huh. And I looked forward to the Agatha Christie's time after 50...

Jen said...

Elizabeth, I have been thinking about you ever since you revealed this diagnosis. Please know you are in my heart and prayers. Not sure how I might be of help, but if you think of anything please ask!