Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Thank You

Yes, I am talking to you. Thank you for reading my blog. This morning (and it is still morning, but just barely), I was thinking about what matters. Does it matter, for example, that the time on my clock is 11:53? That today is Wednesday?

"Everything is significant, not just the few somethings that we allow ourselves to see when we are blinded by our own ambition." Julia Cameron, in The Sound of Paper
Who is to say what is a "little" thing, and if God is in the details (some say it's the devil), who else is there with her?

Echoes of places resound inside my incandescent self.

"Think of yourself as an incandescent power, illuminated and perhaps forever talked to by God and his messengers."
Brenda Ueland, as quoted by Julia Cameron, in The Sound of Paper
The discernment to filter negative images out of our imaginations is a skill needed for developing discernment in other matters. After all, we imagine the images, don't we? In our imaginations.

Why does it have to be "God and his messengers," for example. Why not "God and her messengers"?

God's incandescence transcends the limitations of gender. People can be stern and rigid, or neurotic and clingy. But not God, oh no.

How do you know that?
I'll repeat myself. God's incandescence transcends the limitations of gender.

Tell me something I don't already know.
Okay. You misunderstand your friend.

No, I don't.
You sure as hell do. Allow things to unfold as they will and stop trying to control them!

I'm too much of a control freak to let go.
Then you'll never understand what this is all about.

But how do I let go?
Just release the energy that is keeping you locked into your limited way of viewing things.

I asked you how.
Be still and listen, and when you are ready say yes.

Is yes a magic word?
Only if you mean it.

But I want to mean it. Is that good enough?
Well, I guess you could try faking it until you make it.

I don't want to do that. It's such a cliché.
You'd rather cling stubbornly to your controlling nature?

Yes.
Why are you pouting?

I don't mean to be.
Well, you are and it looks as childish as you are behaving.

Is there something wrong with childishness?
In an adult, yes.

What gives you the authority to say that?
I just know.

How do you know?
I did what I'm advising you do; I let go.

You mean you released control?
Yes. Paradoxically, that is the way to claim authority, perhaps the only way. In a real sense, that is.

Now wait a minute. First I was going to say that you never really answered my question, how do you know, and I want to ask you again, even if I can already hear your answer. And then you go and throw in that bit about some "real sense," as if there is an unreal sense to contend with, too. Is there?
This is getting complicated now. First, to your comment, "I can already hear your answer," I return to you: What is it? Next, reality and unreality are concepts that will forever be argued on earth. Nobody can prove or disprove either, so these are not much use squabbling or even just conversing about, a waste of breath and precious time.

Okay. You asked what is it, the answer I can already hear. I figured you'd say, again, "I just know." Right?
Wrong.

Then what is it?
I already told you.

You told me that you released control, whatever that means, but you never said how this gives you authority.
It's the yes.

The yes?
Yes, the yes. Say yes and it is yours.

It? What it? Do you mean authority?
What do you think? Be still and listen for the answer. You know what it is already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The audience is listening and trying to understand! More later......

Love, Walt

Anonymous said...

I love this; The power of "YES"....she writes: "What do you think? Be still and listen for the answer. You know what it is already."

There is so much richness and meaning in what you write Jen Rose.

Thanks again for the ride-I'll follow you anywhere.

Love, Walt

Anonymous said...

It flows from a kind of self examination type of process.

I suspect the Jen within a Jen is carrying on a dialogue; as a Mother to her Daughter. Practicality and reason speaking to passion and desire.

I'm not much of a drinking person but I shall have a glass of wine. What you write sends me off to explore and find those wonderful paradoxes inside me.

Love, Walt

Lostnfoundation said...

"After all, we imagine the images, don't we? In our imaginations."

If you mean "we" the processes then I say yes ma'am.
If you mean we the personalities, then we agree to disagree.

Thanks for sharing you blog. I have to write one after I have played catch up.

Love and affection from father,
Alton

Paul McDonald said...

Have you been reading "Conversations With God?" :)